2018 was a year of marine planning successes! To celebrate the holiday and the New Year, explore some of our highlights.
- Marineplanning.org got a new look, featuring a clean, user-friendly interface with up-to-date information on TNC’s MSP projects.
- The first draft of the Long Island Sound Inventory of Natural Resources and Human Uses for the Long Island Sound Blue Plan was completed in March 2018.
- The Nature Conservancy in the Caribbean, Carnegie Institution for Science and Planet launched a groundbreaking initiative to create the first-ever high-resolution map of the shallow waters of the entire Caribbean Basin.
- The Republic of Seychelles launched the world’s first sovereign blue bond—a pioneering financial instrument designed to support sustainable marine and fisheries projects.
- The Nature Conservancy and IUCN, in collaboration with the University of Cambridge, developed the Mangrove Restoration Potential Map – a unique interactive tool designed to explore potential mangrove restoration areas world-wide, along the with the benefits association with such restoration.
The Nature Conservancy looks forward to celebrating many more MSP accomplishments in 2019!
Cover Photo Image: © Jeff Yonover